Friday, October 21, 2011

Justin Bieber Discusses New Album Due Out Next Year (and a Movie?)

Justin Bieber talked to MTV recently about his next non-Christmas album. When does he expect to have it out? Here's what he says:

"What's happening is: Get off this tour, and then my [holiday] album's coming out, so I have to go back out and promote that album ... and then after that ... it's almost time for my next album, so then everything starts over again ... We've already started [working on it], but we're going to be going in every day and working with new people and trying to find the best sound, because I'm going to be recording different styles, different things until I find a solid 15 songs that I love. ... I'm going to be recording as many songs as I possibly can."

There's no release date or anything like that determined yet, but he hopes to have it out "early next year."

I've mentioned this briefly here on Bieber Guy that as Justin moves into adulthood, he and his people will have to be careful with transitioning his public persona and music into something more mature as his teen fans begin to join him in that little thing called being an adult (or in their cases, young adults). And he talked about that as well:

"I'm trying to create a new sound that people aren't really used to hearing, so it might sound weird at first, but it's going to be like when Justin Timberlake did FutureSex/LoveSounds: It was a new sound ... acoustic guitar over hard drums. ... I want to find something that's going to suit me and my fans are going to love and older people will like and younger people will like. But I'm always trying to keep my core fanbase, because the young people are what make everything cool. Old people look to young people, so trying to keep everyone happy."

That's really smart of him that he's very much aware of this transition having to take place, and that they've got to do it in a way that doesn't alienate his core fanbase.

And using Justin Timberlake as an example on how they want to go about doing it is smart as well. After the members of 'N Sync went their own separate ways, Justin ventured out with his first solo record, Justified. But is was FutureSex/LoveSounds that really solidified himself on the stage as a solo act. It was a different sounding Justin, but one that everyone loved.

We've seen other teen stars fall by the wayside, popularity plummeting, and all that just in the last few years with Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers. With Miley, it was her image that put her in a negative light. With the Brothers, they just weren't strong enough when trying to go out on their own individually.

Will Bieber be different? Will he break that spell and pull a Justin Timberlake? I guess we'll find out next year. But between you and me, I think he'll do just fine.

On a related note, Bieber also told MTV that he hopes to star in a movie next year as well. His people are working on a script. We have no idea what kind of a movie or anything like that. But if he's going to do this, I hope he takes some acting lessons. I say that because his acting wasn't the best when he guest starred twice on CSI; it was little forced and not natural acting. He's had a hit on the big screen with his concert documentary, Never Say Never. Can he strike it big twice, but this time when he's acting? We'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment