Friday, September 30, 2011

'X Factor's Drew Ryniewicz On Covering Bieber's "Baby"

The other night, Bieber Guy posted a video of 14-year-old Drew Ryniewicz performing Justin Bieber's hit "Baby" during Wednesday's audition episode of FOX's The X Factor. Click HERE to check out that video and to read my positive thoughts on her audition.

Yesterday, Entertainment Weekly had the chance to talk with Drew about her audition and about Bieber:

Who came up with that arrangement of "Baby"?
I came up with that all by myself. My mom and my dad are not musically inclined and I don't have a vocal teacher currently. So I came up with that arrangement all on my own in 20 minutes or so.


Did the producers play up your love for Justin Bieber or are you really that much of a fan?
I do think that he is cute, the way he flips his hair -- all the things that I said about him. But I also really appreciate the way he puts his music together and the way he performs. I really look up to that. I didn't quite say that on here. I wouldn't call myself an obsessed girl. Obsession is kind of a strong word and I'm not like [that] about anything except Jesus Christ.


I went on Justin's Twitter page today and he hasn't mentioned your audition. Do you wonder if he's seen it?
Yeah, I was waiting to see if he was going to say anything about me and he hasn't. But he's a busy kid. I hope that someday he'll see it and want to sing with me!


Read the entire article HERE to find out what it was like going to school the day after her audition aired and more about her audition.

Last week, as part of my ongoing Bieber Guy Project, where I explore the Justin Bieber phenomenon by reviewing all of his music and other entertainment outlets, I reviewed "Baby." Click HERE to check out that review!

The X Factor airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8pm on FOX; next week is Boot Camp week. And good luck to Drew; we hope you go far!

No comments:

Post a Comment